29 August 2009

Prof M.Ramachandran

As his students, we thank our Professor's family for letting him go ahead with his passion for ECE, at odd times on many occasions. I remember how he used to say he read some book on ECE over night at that age (in 2006). I remember his first intro to our class in my second year very clearly.

"You see, I talk about various other things in class for 30 minutes, 35 minutes.. Only ten minutes, fifteen minutes I will teach from the syllabus.. I may not complete the whole syllabus at the end of the semester. Usually I don't. Now you may not know, but in the future you will realise.. many students have come back after working for so long and told me, these extra things I share with them in class.. They have actually been more useful...What I tell you will never be in any text book..."

He may not be the best teacher in the world, but he certainly created that love for the subject in so many of his students, which is all a teacher can do.

Thank you sir.

Aswin S
2003 - 2007

3 comments:

  1. sad day for ece department...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A man who was great but quite simple

    ReplyDelete