25 February 2010

Religion. Finally...

NOTE: This post is not complete.

There are two topics running in my right now. One is the hopeless moronism that is Sachin-bashing, acknowledging which by itself makes me feel bad. The other topic is Religion.

Religion is a topic I've been carefully avoided in my blog all this while. I think it's time for the world to see my point of view after twenty-three plus years of keeping it to myself, but why in the world have I been trying to avoid it?

It creates divides. There, I said it. Sad but true. As far as I've seen and known, it has only created divides among the people, while the primary aim of any religion would and should be uniting people. A lot of Hindus still don't trust Muslims after all these years, while a lot of Muslims hate Hindus for some reason. Why is this so? Is the deed of one Muslim or Hindu enough to blame a religion? Why should anyone see anyone else as a person belonging to a particular religion anyway? Why not as an individual who has his own thoughts, feelings and whatever!

For every one person who understands Religion, there are a million who misunderstand it - Aswin, Year 2010 AD

I've been to oh so many temples, so many churches and a solitary mosque. They all say the same thing. All religions have at their heart Peace and Love. For it is that people are after when they turn to God.  The sad part is that, over the years, religions have been modified to suit our wants, needs and greeds. Working towards destroying/depopularising other religions, spreading hatred for other religions, claiming that followers of one religion / caste are superior to any other... my fellow humans, shame on you. Hinduism, which I follow at times, is beautiful. It is no more a religion than it is a way of living. It teaches you so much about life that you wonder if even one of all those right-wing religious fundamentalists who spread the message of hate have read even ONE line in the Vedas. Even hearsay, for that matter.

My request to all the seven readers of this blog (and the occasional random visitor from facebook or google search) is to understand religion. No, no. I am not saying 'Understand your religion'. Understand Religion. Any religion. All religion. It doesn't matter. You will find peace, love and happiness at the other end, even if you find that there is no such thing as Religion. You will find that every human is praying to the same God and you will learn to respect others for who they are (or at least have pity at their insecurity if you are an athiest). Learn to see the good in each of the religions, and the evil in them. The truth in them, and the lies that were added later. The movie 'Man from Earth' is a good example of what I am trying to say.

I don't give a damn if you're a Christian, Hindu, Muslim or from any of the many beautiful religions around the globe. If you're looking for peace and love for all humanity, you're my friend and I am your fan.

PS: Sorry if I'd hurt anyone in the process.Like I said, this is the topic that is most misunderstood in this world.

7 comments:

  1. It is a deep topic... No one can define what a Religion is. There is no religion called Hinduism, it was the definition given by greeks to all people living beyond the INDUS. And, according to me the objective of any religion is to liberate man from sorrow to joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx for visiting.

    Sorrow to joy. Do you think anything outside you can give you that?

    (if u drink) Apart from Scotch, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great way of looking at religion.
    - "If you're looking for peace and love for all humanity, you're my friend and I am your fan." - Nalla dialogue. I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice :) Religion should be for peace. Its sad that people twist it for their purpose..

    ReplyDelete
  6. if u dont mind, id like to comment on ur writing style(though its none of my business, but dont we all love that poking ur nose, being judgemental thing;)...)
    tis is only ur 2nd blog that im reading(first one was the train story), i must say I found this one more crisp and free flowing.. couldnt figure why you used thenword'damn' in an otherwise mostly formal approach. Anyway u shldnt give a damn about wat i say ;) its ur damn blog, and u can use any damn word u like:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Michael

    Any suggestion / feedback is MOST welcome.

    2nd post you are reading? Congratulations! you join the select group of 10 people who've done that.

    ReplyDelete