27 February 2010

Who am I?

The wall, once a pure shade of white,
Has slightly lost its colour with time. Or is it my eyes?

I feel out of sorts today,
as I wake up and see that I am alone.
The King of my own world,
The ruler of one.

I walk to the toothbrush,
O yes, I always start my day this way.
My steps aren't very coherent today, I see.
I don't care why.

As my face drowns in a handful of water,
A distant consciousness laughs at me.
Someone's having fun.

I pull myself back into this world,
I see myself now in the mirror in front of me.
Oh yes, there's a mirror in front of me.

This is not the tee I was wearing when I went to sleep.

Huh? This is not even mine.

Wait... This isn't even me.

-
Aswin

8 comments:

  1. very lucid ...but awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still editing. How the heck did u land up here so fast!? :))

    Thx by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were the only one who visited, I guess...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it will hold good for everyone !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MPD?!
    :D no, wait a minute!
    Hangover?
    Whatever it was, super :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. @vaish
    neither. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. good work...love the ending

    ReplyDelete