17 April 2010

THE SONG OF LIFE

A big sorry in advance. This one is going to be a raw post.
Musicians who visit this should tell me in private if the terms note,piece,song and symphony are used correctly in the post.
But then, this post only goes out to say one thing.
I don't give a damn.

THE SONG OF LIFE


My life is but a musical piece,
It neither has these perfect notes,
Nor does it aim to have.


My life is but a musical piece
You can hear it if you want to,
But you can't change my song.


My life is but this unknown song
I love it, I live it
Care to dance along?


My life is but this unknown song
long and short, happy and sad, 
whose next note I don't know.


The world works as a symphony
Even Mozarts changed and played along


I don't waste my time thus. 
I prefer to be my own.


My life but is an unknown piece 
of pure music, of raw music.


My life is indeed a musical piece,
And therein lies my peace.


Can you hear it?

6 comments:

  1. Ada rama...enna yen inthiri kalisada pasanga koodalam sekkara..

    ReplyDelete
  2. For those who're curious enuf to chk this section:

    Arun: symphony na inga harmonious'a iruku nu arthama illa epadi? or juz refers to an orchestra, sort of?

    me: many people becoming part of the rat race
    modifying themselves to fit in with the world

    Arun: so this poem asserts that ppl shld be as individualistic as they can be and yet the word wil be happy!!! ??!!

    me: no
    this doesn't say anything
    it just tells u
    that I am a difft song, an imperfect, amateur song
    that may not fit in wit a civilized society,
    but I don't give a damn

    ReplyDelete
  3. two thumbs up to the minstrel...
    let the notes keep comin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ponnuvel I guess this is how you compliment people usually. So, I'll take it that way.

    @monkey Thank you, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I hear it.

    I don't much about music, but the below lines are some of the most beautiful lines I have heard, the truth lying underneath it makes it even beautiful.

    "My life but is an unknown piece 
    of pure music, of raw music.


    My life is indeed a musical piece,
    And therein lies my peace."

    Don't know why but feel like saying it, " Proud about you da". You have got a long way to go, will be there to watch it all along.

    PS: Kongam senti moodla irukkan pola

    ReplyDelete
  6. @mayil

    idhuku per konjam senti ah? :)

    serious ah ve indha (supposed) poem ah paathutaa 'proud of u' nu solringa? enake too much ah iruku :) in any case, romba thanks na.

    ReplyDelete