18 October 2010

There is an angry young person in all of us

There is a quiet, simple listener 
Who masquerades as me.
While the crazy angry young man,
who, by the way, is really me
is bound inside for good.

Chains, steel, vacuum and hell...
they keep him imprisoned - But
at times, defying all that,
He breaks free from the mental shell.

I hate to think of those times
When I've let myself be;
I've razed down attitudes and ambitions
to the very ground without a thought.

I've kept that just but angry guy
Under chains for quite some time,
To those who seem to throw him a bone,
I've stopped talking altogether, I tell you.

I want the angry young man to leave me alone, 
but he wouldn't go until the world improves, 
Till the world hails those who are happy with
getting their needs, their dreams and love.
Till the world rejects hate, greed and mindlessness.

The day's world, however, eggs him on;
Coz 'tis all about stomping on others' dreams
Hurting people at their own whim 
and calling it Attitude.

Looking down upon the satisfied, 
terming it lack of 'Ambition', 
When fun is to hurt another, and 
Undermining their dreams and one's own.

I know this is a terrible trend, 
but people don't think so.
They praise attitudes and ambitions and all things vile,
Even if they themselves are torn down by them.

I don't understand why there are so many lies,
So much of greed, so much mistrust.
So much of value for money and time,
God's new ploy after Babel, perhaps.

I want the angry young man to leave me alone.
I even plead to him once in a while.
"The world is good", I argue with him,
He just laughs at me.


PS: Intentional damage to rules and order could be seen throughout the length of this post.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. //
    I want the angry young man to leave me alone.
    I even plead to him once in a while.
    "The world is good", I argue with him,
    He just laughs at me.
    //

    :)

    romba naal kalichu oru nalla post..

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vera oru article eluda start panitu bore adichudu nu chuma eludinadu idhu.

    Unaku pudichudu nu sandosha padradaa, ila romba naal kalichu nu sonada nenachu feel panrada ne theriala. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. he he tastes differ..

    so enaku pudichadha ninaichu sandhosam matum padu..

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm... still not got used eh...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karthik,

    This is not about the college... about the world as such.

    And not just about me.

    ReplyDelete