19 December 2010

Games CEOs play

This is regarding a piece by the same title in the day's Bangalore Mirror (Sun, Dec 19, 2010).

Seems that a CEO plays Table Tennis to gain "perseverance and patience", another plays Snakes & ladders to understand that "the only person that can make you quit is you" and to top it all, a CEO of a marketing company feels "cycling helps him set targets and go after them".

As far as I knew, one played a sport to either have some fun or make it big professionally, in which case, you inch towards perfection (I guess, even this is only about fun... You tend to do some things for life because you love those things, yes?).

When you want to 'learn' stuff from every darn thing you do... I can only offer you my heartiest condolences.

Ah, I am a reductionist these days. Pity.

No comments:

Post a Comment