29 September 2009

Love is only once, they say

Don't know how long I can go on like this,
aimlessly, without focus.
I lost life when I lost you,
Now temme what is there for me to do?

You know, I tried to fall in love again once;
Ha, like I could. I did not know that then.
Every time there when things weren't fun,
I yearned for you; Now I hear, 'Ah! These men'.

Would think of you often and how it'd be with you.
How could I be in 'love' with any one else then?
It dawned upon me brightly when you left forever,
I couldn't be complete with out you, Hon.

That was when I knew how much I missed you,
A huge gap in me, but I guess twas a li'l too late.
I quit all my ideas of falling in love with someone else
And went into my shell for ever, Alone will be my state.

You may never know if I even liked you
Though that's on the wall for all to see.
So now, You are happy with another dude,
I'll stay at a distance. I'll let you be.

I can fall in love all over again,
but I realise...only with the same gorgeous face.
No other person in the world can match your
Elegance, fashion, tradition or grace.

Years may pass on, time does fly
I'll flow aimlessly like the river.
Angels may come and angels may go,
but you'll live on in my heart forever!

- Me

PS: you'd want to look at the tags. :)
PS 2: I write all these stuff. But I can't understand this one thing. How can you love someone so selflessly, especially when that person does not think the same way, or worse, does not know you exist?

4 comments:

  1. At last aswin goin public ... tell her name also , 'll be complete ..

    A great poem . Hail Aswin !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vinodh,

    thx for visiting :)

    Name?! Hmm.

    Let me tell u this. just go through this blog. There'll be one poem like this once in every three or four months. And I guess you'll get a feeling that it's a different person everytime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "How can you love someone so selflessly, especially when that person does not think the same way, or worse, does not know you exist? " -- I guess it would come to an end soon and we might have to move on as your poem suggests.

    Very good lines...! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting Shiva.
    Do keep visiting!

    ReplyDelete